Are you one of those who is well aware of the fact as to what it takes to be fit yet are not comfortable using machines that you feel are not the best designed as per your requirements? Or someone who’s been struggling to find a rowing machine that’d not pose any problem considering your height? Or one of those who owns a rowing machine designed for people like you but are not satisfied with the way it works and have been looking for the right rowing machine that you can get your hands on to either set-up a gym or for your personal use but are extremely confused with a wide range of options available? Don’t worry. We’ll make it easy for you.
In this article, we’ll list down Top 3 rowing machines that are just perfect and have their own set of unique features, thus making it easy for you to make a better decision.
SUNNY HEALTH & FITNESS MAGNETIC ROWING MACHINE ROWER W/ LCD MONITOR (SF-RW5515)
This magnetic rowing machine from Sunny, which is a health and fitness brand established in the US will assure you top of the line rowing experience. This magnetic Rowing Machine is designed for convenience while also providing you with that challenging feel of outdoor rowing. Read on to know more.
- With this rowing machine, you can now increase or decrease the magnetic resistance as the machine provides you with 8 levels of the same. This ensures that your workout remains challenging and effective throughout your fitness journey.
- This Sunny health and fitness magnetic rowing machine comes with a large LCD monitor that displays the time, count, calories, total count, and scan mode which displays your progress. All of these thus enable you to track your fitness goals.
- With a slide rail length of 48 inches and 44 inches inseam length, the SF-RW5515 model under the Sunny health and fitness magnetic rowing machines category can accommodate rowers of nearly any size.
- This machine is made up of alloy steel and weighs about 59 pounds.
- One of the best features of this machine that is worth a mention is that it comes with transportation wheels, thus paving way for easy portability. All you got to do is simply tilt and roll. No need to lift it up and strain your muscles. Isn’t that amazing?
- This product comes with textured non-slip foot pedals that will ensure safe footing during the most demanding and vigorous workouts! Foot straps keep your feet saddled in so you can focus on the workout without feeling unbalanced. Well, what more can one ask for?
- This Sunny health and fitness magnetic rowing machine boasts of having an ergonomic cushioned seat thus assuring utmost comfort and handles that are slip resistant with soft padded foam grip to provide you with comfort and the right support.
LIFESPAN RW1000 INDOOR ROWING MACHINE
Yet another rowing machine that’d improve your cardiovascular endurance and help you gain lean muscles is the RW1000 indoor rowing machine from LifeSpan. This rower with steel frame has dimensions 87 x 19 x 23 inches weighs about 80 pounds. You need not worry about the space that’d be required when the mower would not be used. This serves to be a great product when your floor space is limited after use. All that you have to do is simply remove the locking pin, fold the rower and replace the locking pin to lock the frame in the folded position. In other words, no tools are required to fold and store the rower. This machine compactly folds to a mere 34 x 19 x 64-inches (L x W x H).
- In addition to being foldable, this rower is also equipped with wheels thereby making the storage and transportation aspects easy to deal with.
- This rowing machine has an easy to use console that gives information pertaining to distance, calories, time, strokes, strokes per minute. The console makes use of two AAA batteries and requires no external power supply thus making this rower both energy efficient as well as convenient.
- The LifeSpan RW1000 indoor rowing machine is equipped with a patented Eddy Current Drive System that aims at delivering smooth and ultra-quiet resistance. What more, you ask? The belt retrieval is slack free, even during intense workouts!!
- Rowing is a better experience for there are 5 levels of resistance that can be easily controlled by a resistance knob located directly below the display. Also, with minimal noise while rowing, you can use this with no concern about someone else getting disturbed.
- User comfort is what utmost importance is given to. In this machine, you’ll get padded hand grips, a comfortable 14-inches injected foam seat that can undoubtedly support users weighing up to 300 pounds and this product also has large swivel foot pedals with Velcro straps. Well, it cannot get any better than this!
CONCEPT2 MODEL D INDOOR ROWING MACHINE WITH PM5 PERFORMANCE MONITOR
Concept2 is known for designing and manufacturing high quality products and one of them is the Model D indoor rowing machine with PM5 performance monitor that is one of the best-selling rowing machines in the world for over 40 years now. Used by elite athletes for competitive training, needless to say, the versatile Model D fits in as well in fitness facilities and home gyms as it does in boathouses around the world.
- If you are curious to know as to what are the dimensions of this rowing machine, then the dimensions are:
Assembled: 244 cm x 61 cm
With Clearance for Use: 274 cm x 122 cm
For Storage: 63.5 cm x 83.8 cm x 137.2 cm
This machine can be separated into two pieces for the purpose of storage.
- The indoor rowing machine (Model D) from Concept2 is designed to withstand user weight up to 500 lbs.
PM5: With this rower, it is now possible to track your progress with real-time reliable data. The Performance Monitor 5 (included) self-calibrates for comparable results and connect wirelessly to heart rate belts and apps.
- This rowing machine has adjustable footrests and ergonomic handle. The height of the seat is 14 inches.
The CONCEPT2 MODEL D INDOOR ROWING MACHINE WITH PM5 PERFORMANCE MONITOR has an aluminium I-beam monorail and stainless steel track for a consistent back-and-forth slide
- One of the rarest and possibly the best features that you’ll find in this rowing machine are – the advantage of saving your workouts to a USB flash drive, the display is easy on your eyes as it is a backlit LCD, it comes with wireless Bluetooth and ANT+ compatibility for heart rate monitoring or apps, games are also included, connects you with a wide range of popular fitness applications, free Erg data app that records and stores your workouts on your smartphones, online rankings with the help of which you can compare yourself with others and a lot more – the features that you probably might be looking for in the machine you want to purchase.
- How about being able to control your workout intensity? Yes, with this rowing machine, you can control the air flow by changing the damper (damper levels: 1-10). Also, the air-resistance flywheel that is designed for smooth movement responds to every stroke.
All the three rowing machines are unique in their own way and designed to perfection. Which one to choose is entirely dependent on your requirement.
If you want to go by the brand that has been ruling the fitness industry then go for Concept2 rowing machine. This rower provides one of the more comprehensive, full-body workouts of any fitness machine. In addition to being engineered to last a lifetime, it is intensive enough to be used by the world’s fittest athletes. Having said that, this rower also supports a user weight of up to 500 lbs.
If you are in search of a simple yet good rowing machines covering a variety of features like the ability of being folded, comfortable seat and handles, supporting user weight of about 250-300 lbs, etc. then both the LifeSpan RW1000 indoor rowing machine and SF-RW5515 model under the Sunny health and fitness magnetic rowing machines will work just the way you want them to. Both these machines do justice to the price that you pay.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (Must Read)
How to clean the monorail top?
Make use of a cloth or a non-abrasive scouring pad. A mixture of soap and water or any glass cleaner will serve the purpose of cleaning. Make sure to clean after every use.
When is the ideal time to replace the batteries?
After about every 800 hours of operation, it is advised to get the batteries replaced.
Why does my seat stick to the monorail?
There could be two possible reasons. Firstly, the monorail might not be clean. If that’s the case, then quickly clean the monorail. Secondly, if the bottom rollers are too tight, then also the seat might get stuck to the monorail. For that, adjust with a 14 mm wrench.
Can rowing tone my legs?
Well, a rower does more than just toning your legs. Your upper body gets into a better shape with regular rowing.
Why does the seat wobble?
After prolonged use, the fit or position of the seat on the monorail may become loose due to wear and tear on the rollers.
How to clean the lubricating chain?
Not many are aware of this but the chain has to be kept in a good condition so that the rower functions efficiently. Hence, cleaning and lubricating the chain becomes an important aspect of maintenance. Clean the chain with the oil provided (or 20 weight motor oil or 20w 3-in-1 oil). Put 1 teaspoon of this oil on a paper towel. Rub this towel along the chain and wipe off the excess. Repeat if needed.