Zwift is a multiplayer online cycling and running physical training program. With Zwift, the users can interact and get trained in a virtual world. If wondering whether NordicTrack would work with Zwift or not, then reading through this article will clear all your doubts. Why wait then? Keep reading to get all your questions answered.
It is seen that in many cases, a treadmill itself has no direct connection to Zwift. This is because it’s the footpod which transmits your speed. If you think this isn’t a good news, well, you are absolutely wrong. You have the flexibility to be able to run on Zwift. However, not all treadmills allow you to connect to Zwift.
- With people inclining towards home based treadmills as they are cost-effective and allowing you to be flexible with your timings, wait no more, grab your footpod and start running on Zwift immediately. There are many treadmills out there that offer built-in training programs but these are not necessary for running on Zwift.
- Some treadmills will not broadcast speed and cannot be directly connected to Zwift.
- Treadmills with powerful motors, 3 CHP and above have belt speeds that are more consistent, making for a slightly smoother Zwift experience.
- If looking for mid-range options, then reconditioned ex-gym treadmills are great for running on Zwift. All that you need to do is connect your treadmill direct to Zwift as a speed source. But, what you need to keep in mind is that you’ll still need your footpod for cadence.
- The best option for a smooth Zwift experience would be to opt for a smart treadmill. Here, there is no need to calibrate. You can stay assured that the connection is reliable and consistent. The speed displayed on Zwift will exactly match the treadmill’s display. Also, many smart treadmills transmit cadence. This further allows the user to dispense with the footpod completely. The best part is you get to choose from a range of home as well as commercial smart treadmills. These are the best in every possible aspect especially on the connectivity front. Since, they are loaded with features, they are a little on the pricier side. But they are definitely worth it for you know they are worth it all. Also, the prices will come down with time, so you do not have to worry much.
- Just to make a smart decision about which NordicTrack to buy, it is always advised to take into account what experts / professionals have to say. Zwift Running Forum is a great platform to consider in this aspect.