If you are looking for a rowing machine in the price range of $500 with decent quality, then Kettler Kaddett is the one that you can surely give a try. The Rowing Machine is made by the German Company and one of the best in low budget rowing machines.
It works of hydraulic resistance that uses oil as a substance. In this, the article we would talk about the pros and cons of the machine and give you the honest review. If you are looking for a very high-end device, then I would say don’t expect too much from it but it is worth its price. One thing that I appreciate about this rower that even though at this price range, it comes with lifetime frame warranty.
It has an LCD monitor that gives your stroke counts, time, current cadence, cumulative distance, and much more data. It has a wireless heart rate receiver that works based on infrared technology. Let’s have a look at pros and cons of the machine.
kettler Kadett rowing machine Pros
- It has decent build quality. You won’t find this good quality in other rowing machines at this price range.
- It provides you the realistic sculling motion.
- The machine comes with 12 level of adjustable resistance that itself makes it worthy of its price.
- If you are a tall person, then this machine provides you enough space as it comes with long seat track.
- It also has a cardio wellness feature that tracks the change in pulse after the exercise. It gives you a score ranging from 1 to 6 that gives you better clarity about your body.
- You have to use an ear clip and a wireless receiver for pulse monitoring.
- The seat of the machine is adequately padded that provides you comfort in long rowing workout.
- The Machine weighs around 50pounds and can be folded and easily transported.
kettler Kadett rowing machine Cons
- Many users complained the pulse rate data is not accurate in the machine.
- You won’t find any wheels in the machine that’s why it requires two people to move from one place to another.
- When it comes to assembly, it takes some time and might be hectic for some people.
- Footrest design of the machine is also not very comfortable.
- Weight limit of the machine is around 250 pounds. It’s not suitable for a hefty person.
- Resistance type: Hydraulic/ Piston
- Max user weight: 250 lbs
- Dimensions: 49″ x 31″ x 12″
- Machine weight: 66 lbs
- Storage space: 25″ x 33″ x 53″
- Lifetime on the frame.
- 3 Years on parts and electronics.
The Machine doesn’t have a very excellent reputation, but if you are a beginner and looking for a cheap rowing machine with decent quality, then you can give it a try. There are other variants of the device also available in the market. You can also consider Kettler Favorit that is cheaper than this model.
In the end, I would say if you are a lightweight person and have less budget and want to do rowing as a hobby then you can consider this machine. This is not a very high-quality machine, but it is worth its price.