This is a cheap hydraulic machine capable of giving a decent workout. If you are a beginner and not looking for some high-end rowing machine, then this machine is a good one to start with. This machine got launched in 2017 and gained popularity among some new users around the world. In this article, we will talk about the technical specification of it, and we will also cover what the pros and cons of Marcy Foldable Turbine Rowing are. So, this is an honest review from our side; if you have any doubts, you can let us know in the comments below. We’ll try to respond as soon as possible.
Marcy is suitable for home use purpose; it won’t last long if you put it for commercial use. Though it’s not very sturdy still, it gives you decent rowing experience. Below are some of the pros and cons of the machine. If you are interested in waterowers, then you can know more about Water Rowing Machines over here.
Marcy Foldable Turbine Rowing Pros
- The resistance of the machine can be adjusted to 8 levels that provide enough variety for a user to choose from.
- LCD Monitor is very simple, from the first day onwards, you will get used to of it. It provides enough data that includes track time, calories burnt, distance, speed, RPM and much more.
- The seat and handle of the machine are ergonomically designed that allows the user to do the longer workout without any glitch.
- Footplates are adjustable and entirely comfortable with the straps; it reduces the chances of getting slipped while rowing.
- The machine has wheels at the bottom that makes it easy to transport. It has the folding design that requires less space for storage.
- The machine has solid build quality; the company claims that it can withhold up to 300 pounds user.
- A battery powers the machine, so no external power is required to operate it.
Marcy Foldable Turbine Rowing Cons
- You won’t get very advanced features with the monitor. Don’t expect inbuilt programs like another high-end rowing machine.
- Users have complained about foot slipping while rowing at high intensity.
- There is not much leg space; if you are the tall person, you might face some problem. So test it before you buy it.
- The strokes in the machine are not very smooth. You might find some jerks while doing it.
- The rower squeaks while using it at high resistances.
Marcy Technical specification
- Resistance type: Magnetic
- Max user weight: 300 lbs
- Dimensions: 74″ x 20″ x 46″
- Machine weight: 60 lbs
Machine Warranty(Home Use)
- Two years on frame
- One year on parts
How to Assemble
The machine is very easy to assemble. All the main parts are already assembled, to assemble the remaining parts it takes around half an hour. The machine takes about one week for the delivery depending on the location. I think Amazon provides free shipping on this.
This machine is very affordable and suitable for beginners. The machine is not very high end but value for money. The rower is also very compact, and that saves a lot of space. There are other rowers as well in this price range that also promises the excellent quality experience. So, I would suggest having a look at all the rowers at this price range then only decide which one to buy.