Nowadays people can hardly find any time to devote on themselves or on any extra activities. The idea of going to a gym and working out seems far-fetched. After having a busy day people just want to relax and be lazy. So, what seems the ideal way to remain fit without going to the gym? The ideal way would be creating the gym atmosphere within one’s home. Treadmills are the best way to start any workout routine and they overall sculpts the body.
Just before getting to work or after work, one can hop into the treadmill to have a quick warm up or workout session to have an energy boost and to stay fit and healthy. In this article, we will be reviewing two treadmills belonging to the same company to understand their differences, features, functions and to view which one offers an added benefit than the other.
|Parameter||Sole F80 Treadmill||Sole F85 Treadmill|
|Brand||Sole Fitness||Sole Fitness|
|Manufacturer||Sole Fitness||Sole Fitness|
|Weight||265 Pounds||265 Pounds|
|Dimensions||85.43 x 37.01 x 17.32 inches||85.43 x 37.01 x 17.32 inches|
|Construction||A good quality steel is used to construct this model.||This is made of durable, high-quality steel that results in a solidly-built frame.|
|Drive system||3.5 CHP motor||4 CHP motor|
|Running belt||22? x 60?||22? x 60?|
|Minimum speed||0.5 mph||0.5 mph|
|Maximum speed||12 mph||12 mph|
|Interactive fitness training||No||No|
|Maximum user weight capacity||375 pounds||400 pounds|
|Display||Blue backlit LCD||Blue backlit LCD|
|Monitor / Screen||The display is backlit, thus being easy on the eyes. You get a 7.5 inch LCD display here.||Here, the size of the display is 9 inch LCD. The display is such that your eyes won't get strained.|
|Readings displayed||Speed, calories burned, time, distance, etc.||Speed, Incline, Time, Distance Traveled, Calories, Pulse and Pace. You also get /4 mile track feature and a Peak and Valley graph for different programs with this model.|
|Water bottle holder||Yes||Yes|
|Cooling fan||Yes. This allows you to stay cool while working out||Yes. This feature ensures that you do not feel hot or sweat heavily while working out.|
|Speakers||The model supports built-in speakers.||Listening to your favourite music while you workout is what you can experience here as the model has built-in speakers.|
|Heart rate monitoring||Yes. There are Grip sensors built-in that pave the way for wireless heart rate monitoring.||Pulse Grips & Chest Strap Compatible|
|Chest strap monitor||No||No|
|Foldable||Yes. With this, you can reduce the space required to store the treadmill after the workout is done.||Yes. The ability to fold the treadmill decreases the floor space required.|
|Storage||Since the treadmill gets folded easily, storing it isn't a problem.||With the treadmill's ability to get folded, the space required to store is reduced drastically.|
|Built-in programs||10 built-in workout programs||7 built-in workout programs|
|Type of programs||Six standard programs, two custom programs, and two heart programs||Six standard programs, two custom programs, and two heart programs|
|Bluetooth compatbility||No. this model doesn't support bluetooth connectivity||Yes. This allows you to transfer data and sync with a lot of tracking apps as well.|
|Assembly required||Yes. Minimal||Yes. It is very easy to assemble the whole unit|
|Workout impact||The model is such that it reduces the impact on your joints by up to 40 percent.||Low. The design is such that the impact on your joints is reduced by up to 40 percent|
|Shock absorption||The Cushion Flex Whisper Deck reduces the impact on your joints by up to 40 percent.||Cushion Flex Whisper Deck. This reduces the impact on your joints by up to 40 percent.|
|Warranty||Lifetime on frame, motor and deck, 5 years on electronics and 2 years on labor||Lifetime on frame, motor and deck, 5 years on electronics and 2 years on labor|
|Roller size||2.5||2.75. A sealed bearing design and copper ground wires for each roller aids in reducing static.|
|Price||Under $2000||Under $2000|
Let’s now straight away dive into the technical specificities that both Sole f80 and Sole f85 treadmill possess.
- MOTOR – Both Sole F80 and Sole F85 possess high quality and quiet motor to provide powerful yet peaceful workout session. Sole F80 is furnished with 3.5 HP motor and is ideal for those people who always demand extra effort from their appliance. Sole F80 can easily accommodate heavier individuals and can tolerate any type of workout ranging from running to long distance interval training due to the. Whereas Sole F85 comprises of 4.0 CHP motor that provides smooth sprints up to 12 mph and easily accommodates maximum user weight of 400 pounds. Even though both treadmills comprise of high-power motor, the motor works quietly and delivers undisturbed and continuous training.
- TOP QUALITY PARTS – Both Sole F80 and Sole F85 treadmills are built to last and hence they consist of high-quality parts that enables the machine to last for several years and provide a more convenient and comfortable training session. Sole F80 is constructed with excellent shock absorption to add extra comfort to the user enabling the user to run or walking on the machine daily. Sole F85 is patterned treadmill made for elite hotels but can be conveniently used for home gym and is highly capable of meeting any type of training needs of the user for may years to come. Both the treadmills are designed durably to take in any kind of gruesome workout to benefit the user. As both the treadmills are constructed from commercial-grade parts they ensure that the treadmills stay durable and last longer and also provide a comfortable ride to the users.
- FOLDING CAPABILITIES – Looking for a treadmill that can be easily stored to save space? If yes, then Sole F80 and Sole F85 are the perfect buy to those users who want to save some space after their workout session. Both Sole F80 and Sole F85 treadmills can be easily folded and stored to save space. Sole F80 after folding becomes compact and requires very minimum space. The user just has to press a switch to watch the treadmill fold up automatically. Sole F85 folds up quickly as the treadmill’s folding has been put together with easy hydraulic assist. The treadmill also unfolds gently with the soft-drop system. And an additional benefit is that both folding and unfolding has been locked for children’s safety.
- TRACK DESIGN – Sole F80 offers a smooth track design and a comfortable training experience. It consists of two-ply belt and 2.5 inches rollers that stands durable, helps to limit the wear and tear of the machine and also prolongs the longevity of the machine. Sole F85 consist of large rollers measuring 2.75 inches in diameter and two-ply tracks which makes the treadmill sturdy and provides quiet operation and longevity of the machine. All Sole treadmills comes with two-ply tracks that requires tiny bit of maintenance.
- DECK – Sole F80 consist of a reversible deck which the user can reverse when one part of the deck wears off to use the other part of the deck. The reversible deck feature helps promote the longevity of the machine. Sole F80’s deck measures 22 by 60 inches which provides a roomy and comfortable deck for heavier individuals to do their workout smoothly. Sole F85 is designed with Cushion Flex Whisper Deck technology that decreases the sound of running to be home friendly. Sole F85 also has the same running area as Sole F80 measuring at 22 by 60 inches to provide space and comfort for the users so that one can have an uninterrupted workout session. The Cushion Flex Whisper Deck technology provided in both Sole F80 and Sole F85 muffles the running sound to deliver efficient and peaceful workouts.
- JOINT IMPACT BENEFITS – Sole F80 is furnished with excellent cushioning system that takes off the stress from the joints so that the user can run on the treadmill without encountering any sort of pain. Sole F80 is designed with Cushion Flex Whisper Deck that minimizes joint pain and joint impact up to 40% enabling the user to continue his/her training session without worrying about any training injury. Even Sole F85 is designed with Cushion Flex Whisper Deck technology that reduces joint impact up to 40% in comparison to any outdoor training surfaces. The technology also exceeds the impact reduction to offer pain free training period. This Cushion technology provided with Sole treadmills are beneficial for those users who have any type of discomfort in the joints or older individuals who want to train regardless of their joint pain.
- WORKOUT PROGRAMS – Sole F80 consists of ten built-in workout programs to motivate the users to have an impactful training session. The pre-set workout programs help the user to reach any kind of fitness goals and consist of workout programs such as cardio, interval training, strength building, etc. The workout programs also help the user to keep the track of the stats and can store up to two different profile users in the console so the user can easily switch between the profiles without losing any workout related information. Sole F85 also comprises of ten workout programs created by popular fitness trainers. The programs also consist of manual modes to assist weight loss, cardio training and muscle toning. The user can now have two customised profile to get personal customized workout programs if one has to share the treadmill with another person.
- DISPLAY – Sole F80 offers a convenient 9-inch LCD screen display to easily keep track of workout stats and to view the workout programs. A secure tablet holder is also provided so that the user can enjoy other apps while training to entertain and motivate themselves. Sole F85 offers 10.1-inch graphic display with a white background that is easy to read. All the workout related data along with workout programs can be viewed on the display efficiently.
- COOLING FANS – Both Sole F80 and Sole F85 have cooling fans to provide an additional relief to the user who has been panting from sweat due to the workout. The cooling fans are built-in to offer comfort and relief through the session to deliver an unstoppable workout.
- HEART RATE MONITORING – Sole F80 treadmill has heart rate monitoring feature for an added benefit to the users. Sole F80 offers integrated pulse monitoring on the handrails of the treadmill. An option of using a wireless strap is also included with the purchase which the user can assess to. Sole F85 consist a wireless heart monitor that has been considered to be 99.9% accurate. The heart rate monitor calculates the target heart rates based on variables such as age, gender, etc. Along with the monitoring system touch pulse sensors are also included.
- ADDED EXTRAS IN SOLE F80 – Sole F80’s Bluetooth compatibility enables user to transfer their workout data from their treadmill to their personal device. One can also track progress on the Sole app for free or can have their workout data be transferred to apps such as Fitbit, Apple health, etc. An accessory tray, an integrated tablet holder, Bluetooth speakers and a USB charging port are the added accessories that are included with the purchase.
- ADDED EXTRAS IN SOLE F85 – The console in F85 has built-in speakers that allows the user to plug in to any MP3 player to listen to their favourite playlist during workout.
- WARRANTY – Sole F80 offers a great warranty package considering the level of the machine. The warranty offers lifetime coverage on the frame, motor and deck, 5 years on electronics and parts; and 2 years on labor. Sole F85 includes a lifetime warranty on the frame, motor and deck and two years of in-home labor.
PROS AND CONS
After such detailed description let’s move onto viewing pros and cons of Sole F80 and Sole F85.
SOLE FITNESS F80 PROS & CONS
Watch the Video till End
SOLE FITNESS F85 PROS & CONS
Watch the Video till End
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Does Sole F80 provides easy assembling?
Even though there might not be clear instructions in the leaflet, the treadmill is not difficult to assemble.
- Can the handle bars in Sole F80 be adjusted?
No, the handle bars can’t be adjusted as they are fixed on to the treadmill.
- How to fold the treadmill?
Just press the button on top of the treadmill to watch the treadmill fold automatically.
- What is the weight capacity of Sole F80? Can it accommodate heavy individuals?
Sole F80 can easily accommodate users up to 375 LBS.
- Is the running deck of Sole F80 spacious?
Sole F80 offers a roomy deck measuring at 22 by 60 inches.
- Is Sole F85 difficult to store after folding?
The treadmill is heavy but after folding it will require a little effort to move the treadmill. As the treadmill is not compact, it becomes little bit tacky to store the treadmill.
- How high of an incline does Sole F85 have?
Sole F85 has an incline of 15%
- Can the treadmill be plugged into a regular outlet?
Yes, the treadmill can be plugged onto a regular outlet.
- Does Sole F85 have decline feature?
No, Sole F85 doesn’t have a decline feature.
- Does the treadmill have long handlebars?
No, the handlebars are short
- Can one run on the treadmill for more than one hour or do we have to shut off after completing an hour?
One can run on the treadmill for approximately two hours.
After going through the detailed review of both Sole F80 and Sole F85, one can clearly state that both treadmills are built to last and are constructed from commercial-grade parts to keep the treadmill durable and prolong the life of the machine. Sole F80 offers added extras than Sole F85 but in general both the treadmills consist of pretty much the same features and functions. Both the treadmills are foldable and include features such as pre-set workout programs, screen display, spacious deck, Cushion Flex Whisper Deck technology, heart rate monitoring system and built-in cooling fans.
Both Sole F80 and Sole F85 consist of powerful motor that makes the treadmill sturdy but also provides quiet operation. Both the treadmills can easily adjust heavy individuals and can endure any kind of workout for longer intervals without encountering any issues. In short, Sole F80 and Sole F85 both can be considered a good buy as the user will be getting value for money and top-quality features and functions from both the treadmills.