Nowadays, fitness is the main concern on everyone life be it a youngster or oldster everyone wants to be fit, There are so many options like gym and other health care programs to keep yourself fit, but the main issue arises when you can’t squeeze in time for those in your schedule. So to keep you out of all this dilemma Stamina produce another product to help you with this problem, A Rowing Machine. Not just any but a water rowing machine with a fancy name to go along with: Wave, sounds good right? So today we are going to talk about Stamina Wave 1450 Rowing machine.
Let’s take a look at what features are included in this product, There are many kinds of rowing machine like Elastic band propelled, flywheel, etc but working out on water rowing machine gives you the feel of rowing in water means the resistance level is much greater and helps you provide a thorough workout in a short period of time. The Multi-function monitor on Wave 1450 gives you instant feedback on your workout, so you’ll always know just how effective your workout has been for the day. And to top it off it has a chest-strap heart rate sensor that syncs wirelessly with the monitor, an easier and more reliable way to keep track of your heart rate. A Siphon is provided for filling and removal of water from the reservoir.
It has wide and comfortable molded seats on the ball bearing rollers for smooth gliding; to give a better grip on the handle it has padded, textured handle and pivoting footplates with adjustable strap to secure the feet, it is a must to be as comfortable as you can be while working out and this product gives very close attention to user comfort. Below are some of the important points that you have to take a look at.
- The Wave 1450 comes with folding frame and wheels for transport along with endcaps to give you more stability and easier storage.
- The weight of this product is 32.2kg, which you may feel is quite much but considering it has wheels, so you don’t have to lift it from one place to another, and its frame is made of steel, unlike other rowing machines.
- The Wave 1450 length is 217cm, width is 52cm, and height is 83cm, and it has a weight capacity of 133.3 kg.
- The resistance is provided by the spinning flywheel inside the water tank, as you pick up speed and harder you row the more resistance it’ll become. It doesn’t have the function to set the resistance level, so you have to fill it up with less or more water as per the resistance you want.
- The footrests are adjustable as per your comfort along with straps to give you more steady balance, and the exercise meter shows the time, distance, count, pulse, calories, SPM; It also has recovery function, goal setting function.
- The warranty period for the frame is three years but for the parts is only 90 days.
Assemblage and maintenance
The water tank, footrests, all the internal pulleys, pulling handle and straps come already assembles to the front part of the metallic frame. That means all you have to do is assemble the parts like the seat, the console, the gliding beam, and the rear stabilizer. It is not too hard to assemble them and shouldn’t take more than thirty to forty minutes. The instruction on the manual is clear, and tools that are required are also provided. You need to fill the tank with tap water, and a small siphon pump is also provided for it.
Some people think that maintaining the water rower is harder than maintaining wind or any other rower, well it’s not true. You just need to use a water purifier tablet once a month but don’t use chlorine as it damages the tank and you can also change the water periodically if you have the time. Other than that you just need to wipe rower with a piece of cloth before use. It has a folding design, so storage is easier.
Pros and Cons
- Sturdy and steel construction.
- Long gliding beam can accommodate people with tall heights.
- Padded and comfortable seats.
- Folding design, so the storage is easy and didn’t take up much space.
- Adjustable footrests, with straps and heel guards, for maximum stability.
- Variable water resistance, which provides a natural rowing feel.
- It makes low noise so the concentration will be maintained.
- Adjustable console bracket allowing the adjustment of its angle.
- Chest strap transmitter for tracking pulse included.
- Mid-range fitness meter, with a 7-panel display, pulse reading, goals and recovery functions.
- Easy to handle and transport wheels makes it easy to relocate.
- Little maintenance required.
- Heart rate monitor chest strap included.
- Easy on the eye.
- Good build quality.
- Short warranty on parts. (only 90 days)
- Batteries for the monitor are not included.
- The console doesn’t have a backlight.
- No lever to change resistance.
- No angle adjustability for the footrests.
With all the features stated above, we can easily say that this product is a good value for money. With the feel and sound of water, it gets you more motivated to do your workout, and the elegant looks are added benefit. In this price, we can easily say that this is one of best in its range and if you are thinking of owning a water rowing machine anytime time soon then Stamina wave 1450 will be a good investment in near future. Check the latest Price over here.