No doubt, the inclination that people show towards fitness is shooting up with every passing day. One of those equipment that’s seeing a crazy demand over the years is an exercise bike. Out of the many choices available, you’ll surely be stuck with two names that rule the industry – NordicTrack and Peloton. In this case, choosing between the two is definitely not easy. That being said, there isn’t much you have to worry about for we’ll make it easy for you. This article is everything you need. Read on to know the technicalities that you can look into while deciding the right one for you.
- Design: As far as the design is concerned, you are definitely not compromising on this when it comes to both these bikes. They are made of good quality steel thus offering great durability and performance.
- Resistance: This is one of those parameters that users pay a lot of attention to. Both these bikes employ strong magnets, thereby offering a good magnetic resistance. In order to make an adjustment in NordicTrack bike, you’ll have to press buttons. Also, the bike’s resistance level changes as per the guidance of the instructor. On the other hand, Peloton makes use of a physical knob which you’ll have to rotate. This ultimately means that while exercising, you’ll have to take your eyes off the screen and your hands as well to adjust to the desired level. All in all, Peloton doesn’t come with the kind of resistance level functionality like that of NordicTrack when models in the same price range are considered.
- Console: Both these bikes allow the users to take full advantage of the live training sessions giving them a feel of a local gym. NordicTrack allows incline adjustment that is digitally controlled. This feature comes in handy when you are engaged in a live training session and your instructor can control your bike’s incline settings. They have the advantage of controlling your resistance levels as well with the help of which you can match the level of the training. In simple words, it ensures that you don’t slack and stay focussed. In case of Peloton, the adjustments are manual.
- Membership: Talking about NordicTrack, the iFit application allows the users to enjoy world class training sessions. The users can enjoy one year of free service. After this, the user will have to pay certain amount to avail the services. However, in case of Peloton, this isn’t the case. From the start itself, the users will have to pay charges to get trained by the instructors. Evidently, in this aspect as well, NordicTrack has a benefit over Peloton.
- Console position: NordicTrack has a console that rotates. This ensures that the user can hop off the bike and do other strength training exercises as well. On the contrary, Peloton has a fixed console. This further means that the one has to cut down on the flexibility.
- Price: Though Peloton might seem to be on the cheaper side, but the reality isn’t the same. This is because you’ll have to pay additionally for the training sessions. In case of NordicTrack, the sessions are free for a year. If you look at the overall picture, Nordic undoubtedly scores better.
The above points are enough to justify why NordicTrack has an edge over Peloton.