This is one of the best weight benches in the market. Today, we’ll be discussing all the important aspects of it. People have been asking a lot of questions regarding this bench, which include where to buy replacement parts, 100 lbs weight set, bench manual & instructions, and more. There are mainly two models ggbe19615, ggbe1486. We’ll cover them as well.
If you are reading this article, i am pretty sure that you are interested in buying a weight bench. There are literally tons of gym equipment companies which make the weight benches. But finding the right one for yourself is sometimes bit complicated. There are a couple of things that you have to keep in mind when it comes to this, which includes affordability, durability, warranty, and ease of use. We’ll be covering all important factors in detail in the below sections.
It comes with adjustable back support which you can incline at your disposal and do the various workout at your comfort. Most of the times, user complain about the stability of the bench, but here you won’t face that problem, and its stable base provides you the smooth workout experience.
The stable base helps you to maintain the right body posture and which ultimately engages the lower and upper body effectively. XRS 20 also has the squat rack, and you can also slide away from the bench, which gives you the more room for dumbbell workouts.
On top of it, you also get preacher curl base and leg developer, which is really good for your biceps and leg workouts. You can dozens of workout variations and have a proper full body workout.
Also, according to the company, they have kept all the safety measures into consideration, so you don’t have to worry about that.
When you do a workout at your home, generally there is no spotter. In that case, you can set safety bar supports at various different heights, so the bar doesn’t move below a certain point. This weight bench is suitable for people of different heights. Even though you are tall as 6feet3inches or short as 5feet2inches, you’ll easily adjust in length comfortably.
We’ll talk about more in detail in the review section. I would recommend you to read the article thoroughly and watch the below video till the end so that you have proper clarity about the product that you are buying. In case you have any questions, you can let us know in the comments down below. We’ll try to respond as soon as possible.
|Bench Weight||128 lbs|
|User Capacity (Bench)||600 lbs|
|Weight Capacity (Rack)||300 lbs|
|Bench Dimension||72Lx26Wx22H inches|
|Build Quality||Sturdy Steel|
Full Body Workout
Most of the weight benches focus on your upper body workout. But this engages your full body and gives you better workout experience. It has a preacher pad where you can do the various biceps workout. The leg development attachment is good for your calf and hamstring. If you never used the weight bench before and this is your first time, i would highly recommend you to go through the user manual
At the starting, don’t try to push too much. Try to understand the machine first, once you know how to use it, and what are the safety precautions, then you can start doing an intense workout on it.
XRS 20 Exercise chart
You can do some really effective workouts with the combination of the barbell, weight plates, and dumbells. Below are some of the main exercise that you can do on this bench
- Hammer Bench Press: This is a very good workout that engages your chest and biceps. In the workout, you grab the dumbbells of suitable weight, and you lie face up on the bench. Keep the feet flat on the ground; you position your hands straight to the shoulders. Then you take dumbbells up and then bring your arms back. That’s one rep.
- Triceps Dip: This workout is suitable for your triceps and only needs the bench. No dumbbells and bar required. You sit on the edge of the bench, placing your arms downwards. Then you place your legs straight keeping the arms straight then you bring your body and then up. That’s one triceps dip rep.
- Preacher Curl: Place your upper arms on the preacher pad and then grab an E-Z bar. The palm should face forward and slightly tilted towards the inward direction. You breathe and lower the bar smoothly until your biceps are fully stretched and then you exhale and bring back the bar to the starting position. You can do 4-5 sets of 10-15 reps.
- Leg Curls: Leg curls are helpful for building stability and muscle balance. In this workout, you sit on the bench (You can also adjust the bench angle at your disposal) and then you put your legs below the leg development attachment. Put the appropriate weight on the attachement, and then you can pull it down and bring it back. Keep your core tight, and motion should be smooth. This works on your legs and center part of your body.
There are more than 20workouts that you can do with the machine. Below are some of the main workouts that you can give a try.
- Back squats
- Front squats
- Incline dumbbell curls
- Flat barbell bench press
- Seated side laterals
- Dumbbell Lunges
- Incline dumbbell flys
All Weight Bench Exercises | Watch Video till End
The weight bench is built of strong steel tubes. It also has good finishing, dyed with gray corrosion resistant paint. Its outer look is pretty good. Good quality cushioning is there with durable upholstery. It will last for years without any wear and tear. You can incline and decline the bench at several different positions. You can incline the bench up to 70degree while declining is only up to 5 degrees. It can support user up to 300lbs, which is a really good capacity.
Let’s talk about Squat rack which is suitable for Olympic 7′ bar. It has a weight plate stopper for better safety. What i really love that, the bench can slide away from the rack which gives you more space for exercise, and you can easily do bench and chest press without any glitch. The preacher pad is fixed at 30degree that unfortunately can’t be changed. Though, you can change the vertical height up to 3 levels.
This is one of the best benches under $300 range. Considering the price, it’s not cheap, but it is worth its investment as it comes with a lot of features. Though, you might have to spend extra bucks in buying the dumbbells and barbells. If you want some high-end options, then you can look at better alternatives section below. Also, let us know in the comments, do you really think that is it worth its price?
The base is very stable, and it doesn’t wobble at all. It has built-in safety catches with sturdy support. You never know, but when you are doing the bench press alone, things might end up completely unexpectedly. It will eliminate the possibility of the bar falling on your chest. The safety catch has 10inches width that you can adjust at different height accordingly.
Assembly and Accessories
Assembly of the machine is pretty simple. It is recommended to go through the user manual first. Though, the process is very straight forward once you know what the process is. You don’t get tools with the package. You have to buy them separately, which includes adjustable wrenches and screwdrivers. Tight the nuts and bolts properly so that they don’t come off in the middle of the workout, that would be very dangerous.
Maintenance of the weight bench is minimum. You might have to put the lubricant once in a while at the joints. If you want more comfort, i would recommend you to buy some XRS 20 accessories.
Pros & Cons
- It has the good build quality and lightweight at the same time. You can easily move it from one place to another.
- Rack and bench are not connected. You can slide away from the bench, which gives more space for your upper body exercises.
- It also has preacher pad and leg development adjustment, which is really helpful in engaging your full body muscles.
- It is a low maintenance machine, and you can easily assemble it after reading the user manual.
- It is also very compact in size and can be stored in a very small place in your house.
- There are no safety catches while doing squats; they are only for chest press.
- You can’t change the angle of the preacher pad and also leg roller’s height is not adjustable.
- The bench can be declined up to 5 degrees only.
- It only comes with 90days warranty period which is not very good.
- You don’t get barbells with the package. You have to spend extra money to buy them.
We have covered everything that you should know about this weight bench. It engages the upper and lower body muscles effectively. The build quality is great, and it lasts for years. Though, there are a few negatives as well as it doesn’t have barbell support for squats and not suitable if you want to lift really heavy weights. Availability of preacher pad and leg developer makes it stand out of the crowd.
So, the choice is up to you whether you want to go for it or not. If you want to try something else, you can have a look at a better alternative option. In case you have any questions or suggestions, you can let us know in the comments below.